1 cup shredded whole milk (low moisture) mozzarella + 1/3 cup for topping
1 Tbsp Coconut flour
1 Tbsp Flax meal
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 500+ degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Ensure egg is evenly distributed in mixture.
- On a parchment lined pan, press out dough to 9-10" diameter.
- Bake crust for 6-7 minutes. Crust should be browned throughout, edges will appear a little darker.
- Remove crust from oven, transfer to wire rack.
- Add 1/3-1/2 cup tomato sauce (see recipe below), 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella, and any other desired topping.
- Change oven setting to Broil and move rack to highest level. Place pizza directly on wire rack (or pizza stone if available). Broil for 2 minutes or until mozzarella begins to bubble. Remove, cut into quarters and enjoy!
*This recipe will make about 3 cups, way more than necessary for one pizza. But will keep in the refrigerated for several weeks, and the flavors improve with time. Higher quality tomatoes will be noticed*
1/4 cup olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove, finely diced
1 Tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp tomato paste
28 oz. canned chopped or whole plum tomatoes with liquid
- In a sauce pan under low-medium heat, add oil, garlic, oregano, bay leaf, and salt. Cook gently until garlic starts to bubble, about 10 minutes.
- Add Tomato paste and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, increase heat and stir to boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Remove Bay leaf and serve. Refrigerate extra sauce in an air tight container.