Sunday, February 16, 2014

Almond Flour Biscuits




I am starting a Paleo-friendly snack company and I think I know what ingredients are healthy and important to Paleo fans like you  -- BUT I need YOUR feedback to be sure I'm headed in the right direction!! Please take my survey to support a Paleo entrepreneur trying to make it easier to buy truly nutritious and delicious products.

PLEASE TAKE MY SURVEY

I really appreciate any support. Thank you.


Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
4 egg whites
1/3 cup butter chilled
1 teaspooon baking powder
1/2 teaspooon salt

Recipe:

1. Pre-heat to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour and butter in food processor.
3. Pulse to combine until mixture starts to clump.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Divide evenly in four portions on pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Yum yum, look amazing for being a gluten free biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine came out super flat. Any idea on what I can do to make them fluffier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe beating the egg whites a little?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too salty. Cut the salt down by half. Also, I put my batter in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking. Did not come out flat at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try adding a smidge more flour & 1 tsp guar gum. Mine puffed up nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone tried this with an almond, coconut, tapioca flour mix?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has anyone beat the egg whites and folded them in so they are not flat?

    ReplyDelete