Sausage & Kale Soup
I am starting a Paleo-friendly snack company and I think I know what ingredients are healthy and important to consumers like you -- BUT I need YOUR feedback to be sure I'm headed in the right direction!! Please take my survey to support a Paleo entrepreneur trying to make it easier to buy truly nutritious and delicious products.
PLEASE TAKE MY SURVEY
I really appreciate any support. Thank you.
This recipe is a really simple soup that can produce leftovers for days! Start to finish in under 45 minutes.
3/4-1 pound Italian pork sausage - casings removed
2 TBSP olive oil
- In a large pot with a heavy bottom add olive oil and turn stove-top heat to medium high.
- Add sausages and mash with wooden spoon to chunks. Allow sausage to turn golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
2 Medium yellow onions - Diced
- Reduce heat to medium. Add celery and onion to pot once sausage has browned.
- Allow celery and onion to soften (5-7 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
2 quarts chicken stock/broth
- Add bay leaf and chicken stock to pot once celery and onions have softened.
- Bring Soup to boil. Once a rolling boil reduce to simmer.
- Partially cover and allow soup reduce ~3/4 original volume (25-30 minutes).
- Wash kale and tear into bite size (~2x2 inches or less). Discard woody stem of kale.
- Increase stove-top burner to medium heat.
- Stir kale pieces into soup. Allow kale to wilt (3-5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.