Friday, October 18, 2013

Paleo Candy Corn - It can be done! And only takes 20 minutes!





I am starting a Paleo-friendly snack company and I think I know what ingredients are healthy and important to Paleo fans like you  -- BUT I need YOUR feedback to be sure I'm headed in the right direction!! Please take my survey to support a Paleo entrepreneur trying to make it easier to buy truly nutritious and delicious products.

PLEASE TAKE MY SURVEY

I really appreciate any support. Thank you.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1 tbsp creamed coconut oil (slightly softened), I use this brand
2-2.5 tbsp maple syrup
Natural food dye in yellow and red (good example)

Instructions:

1. Add the arrowroot powder, creamed coconut oil and 1.5 tbsp of the maple syrup into a food processor.
2. Puree until is starts to get lumpy. If it does not get lumpy add more maple syrup, but do not exceed 2.5 tbsp.
3. Divide the dough into three balls. It should have a play-doh like consistency.
4. Add food dye to two of the balls, mashing with a spoon or squeezing with your hands to mix. Add 2-3 drops of yellow dye to one ball and 1 drop of red/ 2 drops of yellow to the other ball.
5. Roll balls into long strips about the same length. Push the strips together and press down slightly.
6. Freeze for about 5 minutes.
7. Cut the strips into small wedge shapes. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment