I am starting a Paleo-friendly snack company and I think I know what ingredients are healthy and important to Paleo fans like you -- BUT I need YOUR feedback to be sure I'm headed in the right direction!! Please take my survey to support a Paleo entrepreneur trying to make it easier to buy truly nutritious and delicious products.
I really appreciate any support. Thank you.
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup ground walnuts
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP honey or agave nectar
1. In a small pot or saucepan, add the honey and coconut oil and gently heat until melted.
2. Add the cocoa, nuts and coconut and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. Line a cutting board or tray with a large sheet of baking paper and pour the mixture onto center of it.
4. Using the back of the wooden spoon, gently press the mixture onto the baking paper.
5. Put the cutting board into the freezer for 15-30 minutes.
6. Once the mixture is firm, chop into small bars. Makes about 10 bars.
Keep the mixture frozen or it will separate. These are a great chocolate-y snack for whenever you are having a craving. These are also low carb - only 3 net carbs per serving!
Nutrition per serving (10 servings):
5 g carbs
2 g fiber
3 NET carbs
12 g fat
2 g protein
2 g sugar