Monday, August 26, 2013

Paleo Butternut Squash Soup



I am starting a Paleo-friendly snack company and I think I know what ingredients are healthy and important to Paleo fans like you  -- BUT I need YOUR feedback to be sure I'm headed in the right direction!! Please take my survey to support a Paleo entrepreneur trying to make it easier to buy truly nutritious and delicious products.

PLEASE TAKE MY SURVEY

I really appreciate any support. Thank you.






When you make soup yourself, you ensure that all the ingredients are healthy without tons of salt and sugar. I normally make a large batch of soup so that I have it for a few meals for the rest of the week, which helps cut down on my cooking time. 

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
Nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cut the squash into 1-inch chunks. In large pot, add the coconut oil. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the squash and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, or about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and pure. Return blended squash to pot. OR you can use a stick blender (here's mine) to mix the ingredients - it is much neater if you have a stick blender. Simmer until the soup reaches your desired thickness. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment